UDI has openings for Direct Support Professionals. See below for job description.
Position Title: Direct Support Professional
The Direct Support Professional position is a part time, non-exempt position. The position is responsible for providing respite hours to individuals with Developmental Disabilities through the habilitative programs offered by the facility. Schedule changes depending on need, however, hours are normally after 3pm (Monday-Friday) and varied times on weekends.
- Therapeutic Interventions: Direct therapeutic interventions to promote adaptive skill learning and development of appropriate vocational, social, and communication skills.
- Documentation: Maintains documentation, progress notes, behavioral data, and other data as needed, including incident/accident reports and seizure logs.
- Participation: Participation in implementation of person-centered plan/individual support plan, goal planning process, Supports Intensity Scale, etc.
- Assistance: Assists individual with daily activities to include personal care and provides monitoring for health and safety of individuals.
- Supervision: Responds to individual safety needs, including reporting significant changes in behavior and health. Attends staff meetings and clinical supervisions, as required.
- Team Work: Function independently as part of a larger team of professionals. Maintain team mindset through being collaborative, cooperative, and respectful.
- Confidentiality: Complies with agency polies and procedures in relation to HIPPA regulations.
- Communication: Communicates with other staff and supervisor on progress, needs, concerns and changes.
- Customer Service: Provide high quality customer service, serving as a positive representative for the agency with other professionals, families, and the community at large.
- Additional Duties: All other duties as required by supervisor to meet the needs of the individuals and program.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Efficiently speak, read, and write in English
- Must be able to handle physical demands of the job
- Must be able to pass all employment screenings
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet requirements for insurability by UDI’s insurance company.
- Must provide 3 references to be contacted by UDI
- Provide required I-9 documentation or proof of legal residence and written authorization to be legally employed in the United States
- Any applicant who cannot provide written evidence of living in North Carolina for the past five consecutive years will be fingerprinted and will be subject to a national criminal background check by the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation (SBI) and/or by other agencies.
- Complete within specified time period the trainings as required by agency
- Documented experience with the population served, preferred
- Additional qualifications preferred
Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques .
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to internal and external threats to client services.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Good attendance : Adhere to UDI’s attendance policies and procedures and have a good and consistent attendance record.
- Punctual: Consistently be on-time to prearranged pickups location.
- Dependable: Consistently follow through with assignments in a timely and effective manner.
- Service Line: Knowledgeable about service line and variations in service delivery. Familiar with staff to individual ratio and hours of services needed to maintain individual services based on service definitions.
- Self-motivated: Consistently deliver results with little or no direction from their supervisors or administration.
- Safety: Consistently perform their jobs in a manner that puts safety first for themselves, co-workers, and clients with no accidents or incidents.
Please contact David Casper at 704-289-1571 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about employment opportunities.